Always a Booklover

The magic of books just enchants me. I love reading, what more can I say?

Book Feature: Hiren’s Magical Adventure by Kathleen Patel + Author Interview

Hey guys! Today, I'm going to be featuing an author on my blog! She will also be joining us for an author interview. So yep, let's begin and have fun! :)




Hiren’s Magical Adventure by Kathleen Patel


A tween to young adult, paranormal, mystery, the charming fable unfolds in in India. Hiren visits his grandparents for the summer. Nothing could have prepared him for this strange world filled with magic and mystery. He encounters exotic creatures, a forbidden jungle, and a ghost that haunts the eerie palace. He meets a mysterious girl who leads him closer to the secrets. He finds himself facing life-threatening danger in his quest to solve the family mystery.

Buy it from Amazon!




Kathleen Patel


Kathleen Patel is a happily married, peace loving fiction writer. Her books are fun to read, but always educate and contain a message. As promoter of acceptance, she believes knowledge is the key.
"With ignorance comes fear- from fear comes bigotry. Education is the key to acceptance."
Kathleen is also an activist that fights for those without a voice. This includes abused children, animals, and especially victims of bullying. She wrote a short handbook, 'The Bullying Epidemic-the guide to arm you for the fight' and offers it free of charge.
"I hope that my books can open new worlds for my readers."




And now, let's welcome Kathleen to the blog for a short interview!


Hi Kathleen, it’s lovely to have you on the blog today!

Hi Victoria, I’m so happy to be here.  Thank you for inviting me.

For starters, why not you tell us a little about yourself? Perhaps something not many people know?
Before I started writing books and doing book reviews, I spent the bulk of my career as a software sales executive. I was a “Start-up Expert”. Software companies would hire me to help them grow the business and groom it to go public.


What made you want to become a writer? Growing up in a middle class suburb in the Midwest, life was pretty bland. Then something happened that rocked my world. I learned to read. When it all finally ‘clicked’ and I was able to comprehend the letters on the page and read the stories, my life changed forever!  

I love reading. It opened so many new worlds for me. I want to open new worlds for my readers.



Did you have other aspirations/dreams in the past, or have you always wanted to be a writer?   I have had a few other dreams. I wanted to be a movie star. I also wanted to be a famous chef with my own show on the cooking channel. My current dream is to continue writing, while I run a small organic farm/vineyard, make wine, and gourmet cheese with sheep’s milk (from my own sheep). I will sell the wine & cheese to local upscale restaurants.



What gave you the inspiration for the plot of the book?  My husband is from India.  Along with the stories he has shared, from his childhood, I have spent extensive time in India, hanging with my in-laws, traveling and learning the culture.



Are your characters based off real people, or did they all come entirely from your imagination? Some of the characters slightly resemble real people, but some were born in my mind : )



Could you tell us a bit about your book and why it is a must-read? "This book is the perfect complement to my anti-bullying cause.  I like to think that it is fun to read, full of magic and adventure, but most importantly, it has an educational aspect to it. So many Indian families have immigrated and are raising their children in America, yet most Americans know very little about the Indian culture. Asian American children are the most bullied children in America.

“With ignorance comes fear- from fear comes bigotry. Education is the key to acceptance.”



What do you love most about the writing process? I love when the story takes on a life of its own. Sometimes I dream about the book and use those images in the book.


And of course, do you have a particular favorite character? I know an author will love most if not all of the characters he/she creates, but I’m sure there must be a favorite of yours! So who is it, and why? I really love Hiren, He is young, but he is wise with a strong morals and bravery. Most importantly, he’s kind and loving.



Will you tell us a little about your plans for the future? I will continue to write, but I intend to spend more time on my anti-bullying cause. I am creating seminars for teachers, parents, and students. There is a need for education. People have to learn to recognize the signs of bullying and the steps to take, once they identify the behavior. I plan to spend quite a bit of time on speaking engagements.




And of course, are there any other books that are in the works? (Ideas thought out, perhaps even a rough draft?)
I’m working on book two in the “Magical Adventures” series. I am also working on book two in the ‘Cousin Connection” series. It will follow ‘The Dolls’.



And now, just some little random questions!

Favorite colour? Purple (Even though most of my wardrobe is black : )


Favorite place? Close to the sea in Sligo, Ireland.


Favorite book?  Gone with the wind


Favorite thing? My Kindle


What you do when you’re free:   My perfect day would be spent gardening and then spending an evening with my family- my husband, mother, two sisters, two brother in-laws, two nieces, two nephews, one dog, one bird.

Favorite day? Saturday (least favorite is Monday)



Hmm, I think that should be about it for today! It was a pleasure to have you on the blog today! Wishing you all the best in your career! :D

Thank you so much- this was such fun.




So yep, that's about it for today! Hope you enjoyed it:)

1 comments:

Really so much great service offering by.. thanks for sharing..

School Management Software

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Comments will make any blogger's day, so leave a comment! Be it good or bad, I want to hear it :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...