Always a Booklover

The magic of books just enchants me. I love reading, what more can I say?

Blog Feature: Silver Knight by Caron Rider - Guest Post

Hey guys! Today, I'll be featuring an author on my blog and her book. The book looks fantastic, if I had a chance to read it, I certainly would! :D Silver Knight is a YA fantasy/paranormal, modern, historical (it's been called genre-bending) book. So, enjoy!



Silver Knight by Caron Rider


A Struggle Against Evil—Love Through the Ages—A Destiny to Fulfill

When seventeen-year-old Diana recognizes an elderly priest in a video on YouTube, she realizes that reincarnation is real and that she’s been alive before! Every night in her dreams, she views her past lives learning that it’s kill or be killed.

Now a bishop at the Vatican whom she saved in another life calls on her once more. She is needed to help defeat an infestation of demons living within the catacombs of Rome. But when she arrives, she meets Alexander – the man of her dreams! Through the centuries she has loved him…betrayed him...been killed by him. Will she give him another chance or this time will she strike first?

Silver Knight takes you on an adventure where demons and heroes from the past blend with history, action, and just a hint of romance.

Buy it from Amazon

Caron Rider


Initially I started teaching computer software, hardware, and networking in the 1990s. After some years that morphed into tutoring high school dropouts for the GED. I found working with at-risk teenagers so rewarding that I changed my undergraduate major to Education. Upon graduating from the University of South Alabama with a B.S., I began teaching high school history. I now live in rural Missouri with my two kids, two dogs, two cats, and loving father.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Website


Want to read an excerpt? Click here!



And now, let's welcome Caron to the blog to tell us a little about nature.


Nature

Nature has always been a source of inspiration for me. I can find glory with just a few puffy white clouds in the sky and the sun shining down on a meadow. The wind flowing gently through the leaves of the trees in the woods soothes and calms me. The birds chirping and flitting limb to limb are a delight to watch. I find joy in the gentle buzz of the honeybees going about their business one flower at a time. I love the flowers and trees, vegetables and herbs...it doesn't matter, I love them all. I finally decided to try to grow some plants. So I bought an almond tree-really a twig. I dug a hole, planted it and for four years I pampered that tree. I would spend hours fertilizing, watering, and weeding. I would go out and talk to it, encourage it to grow. I was so excited the spring it finally had a tiny flower on it! It was the prettiest, little pink flower. I knew that the next year it would finally produce nuts. And sure enough, the next year, the tree burst out with flowers everywhere. I was going to have a bumper crop of almonds! You can't possibly imagine my excitement. I was in a dither. I quivered. Everyone who came over got a tour out to the almond tree. And then the nuts started growing. Ohhhh, I almost couldn't stand it! And then fall rolled around and I realized...I was betrayed! Rather than an almond, I had a stinking peach tree! So, no nuts. I despaired even unto this day. I'm thinking of planting another almond tree this year. But...dare I? I don't think I could stand the disappointment if it turns out to be another peach. Of course, you're probably thinking that I don't need a nut tree because I'm already nuts! You could be right.

So yep, that's about it for today! I do hope you'll check out Caron's book. It sure looks great, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Hey Victoria! Thanks for having me on your blog! I appreciate the exposure boost. :) Caron

 

Thanks for introducing us to a new author!

Visiting as an A to Z blogger.

All on Blogspot.com and all in the A to Z Challenge:

Heart of a Ready Writer – Bible & Devotional
Meme Express – Daily Blog Prompts (A to Z)
Nickers and Ink – Featuring favorite classic poems from A to Z
Practically at Home – See what fellow writers are cited – with article links!
The Mane Point –Profiling special horses from A to Z
Working in Words – Writing How-to’s

Click my name/icon for links to all these blogs! Happy A-to-Z!

 

No problem! :D Enjoyed featuring you and working with you for a little while!

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Comments will make any blogger's day, so leave a comment! Be it good or bad, I want to hear it :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...