Always a Booklover

The magic of books just enchants me. I love reading, what more can I say?

Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars #2)



First Published: 1 January 1995
Publisher: Avon
Pages: 384
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Finished Date: 10 January 2012

Blurb from Goodreads

Come heck or high water, Gracie Snow is determined to drag the legendary ex-jock Bobby Tom Denton back home to Heaven, Texas, to begin shooting his first motion picture. Despite his dazzling good looks and killer charm, Bobby Tom has reservations about being a movie star -- and no plans to cooperate with a prim and bossy Ohio wallflower whom he can't get off his mind or out of his life. Instead, the hell-raising playboy decides to make her over from plain Jane to Texas wildcat.

But nothing's more dangerous than a wildcat with an angel's heart in a town too small for a bad boy to hide. And all hell breaks loose when two unforgettable people discover love, laughter, passion -- and a match that can only be made in Heaven.


My Rating

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

My Review

Heaven, Texas was a pretty enjoyable read. The two characters, Bobby Tom (BT) and Gracie, were really likable and overall, the plot was good. BT was first seen in It Had To Be You, and I must say, I really liked him there.

In this book, BT is still very willful, but he is very lost. Due to a knee injury, he was forced to instantly stop playing football, which to him, was the best thing of his life. He becomes an actor for a movie in this book, because apparently he’s really hot.

As for Gracie, she’s working for the movie company that hired him. She’s tasked to bring him to his hometown in Texas which is where they were going to film the movie. Of course, she is instantly attracted to him. But as for him, he’s not really. There’s something intriguing about her, but he can’t tell what. You see, Gracie is rather plain when she doesn’t dress up. And even when she does, the best you could describe her was pretty. But Gracie is an amazing character. She was beautiful on the inside and that’s what really counts, isn’t it? Her determination and her morals are things I really admire. So was the no-nonsense attitude she took with BT in the beginning. I really respected her for that.

I liked the plot of this book. I can’t describe it for you, cos I read it a few weeks ago and the details just aren’t coming back to me. But I remember that the plot was rather fast-paced and it was really interesting to read. The dialogue too was really funny and witty.

The love between them was inevitable. You could just see it from the start. I was always rooting for them. Realistic too. When they fell in love and confessed it, I could believe it, because it was evident in everything they did.

One thing I’ve noticed about Susan Elizabeth Philips is that in her books, the characters just suddenly realise they’re in love with the other party. Its kinda funny but also really sweet!

All in all, I really enjoyed reading this book. The plot was fast-paced and that is something I love. The character development was great too. I really loved the way that BT grew up. He really did become more mature and caring throughout the course of the book. As for Gracie, she was a great character. Not once did she willingly compromise her morals. Especially about money. I loved it when she decided she wasn’t going to be one of those women that fed off BT, and sought to repay him everything. It was a very noble gesture in my opinion.

A great read to be certain, and a good sequel to It Had To Be You. Definitely recommended for fans of SEP, or just someone who likes witty dialogues, fast-paced plots, good character development and likable characters. Doesn’t that comprise of most readers? ;)

Yay! Finally a shorter than usual review! :D


2 comments:

hi Victoria!
Nice to meet another romance blogger. I love the website and following you through email. www.passionateencounters.blogspot.com Can't wait to read more of your stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Comments will make any blogger's day, so leave a comment! Be it good or bad, I want to hear it :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...