Always a Booklover

The magic of books just enchants me. I love reading, what more can I say?

Paranormal


Paranormal stories. They are stories that exist in our world, yet with a twist. Suddenly, the shadows come to life, suddenly what we are told is impossible, comes to life, right in the world we live in. Vampires, werewolves, these are just a couple of examples of paranormal books.

To be honest, I'm kinda sick of paranormal books with vampires in them. I just feel its so overrated. Some books are fine, but I'm extremely picky about vampire books. I just can't stand the whole blood sucking thing. I don't know, but it just isn't sexy to me.

My favorite paranormal series is without a doubt the Dark Hunter series by Sherilyn Kenyon. It really is very good and I love reading about her characters. The heroes. Oh. My. Gosh. They are too sexy for their own good. And one of my favorite heroes from all time? Acheron. From the Dark Hunter series. I swear I'm in love with him. Too damn freaking amazing for words to describe.

One branch of paranormal books I cannot stand either. Historical paranormal books. I just can't. I mean, I love historical books. And most paranormal books that I read? I love them too! But put them together, its just a huge no no. Historical romances are just about the most beautiful romances to me, in the whole romance world. There's just that little spark, that little magic to that era that truly makes you feel transported into another world. But add in paranormal books, and I feel it just takes away that magic.

Oh, I don't really like shifter books either? I don't know, but I guess its the whole not liking animals thing, that just turns me off those books!

Generally speaking though, I do enjoy most paranormal books. I mean, apart from the whole overused story plots, I must say that paranormal characters are generally hotter. Yes, yes. I know I'm shallow, but oh well! And because of this hotness, it makes the books just that much nicer to read! And I guess that whole being able to do things that normal humans can't do is pretty damn sexy too.

Do you like paranormal books?

1 comments:

Hmm..Facebook marked your post as reported for abuse. Must be a mistake somehow. I couldn't connect to it through Facebook.

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Comments will make any blogger's day, so leave a comment! Be it good or bad, I want to hear it :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...